A2 Media Blog


Zoe Hilton's Blog

Search This Blog

Friday 2 March 2012

Film Poster Research

I've finished designing my magazine front cover and now I've got to design a film poster for my trailer. I've done some research and have looked at some film posters to see if they can help in how doing them and what elements I will have to add to my film poster.

Film Poster
A  film poster is a piece of printed paper designed to be attached to a wall or in any vertical surface. Typically posters include both textual and graphic elements. Posters are designed to be both eye-catching and informative. They advertise the film and the actors and actresses.
They are usually found around the streets, on billboards, bus stops, underground, buses, etc.

Example of Film Posters


As you can see these are film posters from recent films, they usually include a main picture with the main actor or someone important from the film and then the film title covering the picture at the bottom, they sometimes add a tagline around the film poster usually at the top or underneath the film title. They always add the release date, and some information about the companies involved in the making of the film.
For my film poster I will be adding a main picture of Kate Burden, one of the main characters from the trailer, it'll be dark and scary linking to the genre of horror, I will add the film title at the bottom with the date and naming the actors and actresses involved in the film, a tagline at the top making the poster more eye catching and I will be editing the picture to make it look more scary and more professional looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment