A2 Media Blog


Zoe Hilton's Blog

Search This Blog

Friday 20 April 2012

Evaluation Question 3

What have you learned from your audience feedback?
Audience feedback is a very important focus for my project, it helped me improve the trailer, my front cover magazine and film poster. I held some audience feedback, at the beginning and at the end of my time of doing my A2 coursework. This helped me make improvements throughout the year, and gave me a chance to make some last minute improvement as well. Film producers do similar things; they do small screenings to a small audience and they take the audience’s comments into account at the end to improve the film trailer and film. To begin with we showed a first screening to our media class, we only showed some scenes we made at the beginning, and we showed how every scene would change to another scene, we added the background music at this point and some sub headings in some scenes. The audience gave us some feedback, in what they liked and what we could’ve improved on.
We made a presentation about our film trailer and showed it to the whole class; we created story boards to have an idea what we wanted to do and to make the story line more original and interesting. After we showed the presentation we asked a couple of people of what they thought about our story line and what they liked and didn’t like about the whole idea of the plot. We took a video of the presentation we did in class, and a video of some people talking about our film trailer. PRESENTATION AND AUDIENCE FEEDBACK VIDEO.
Maria Gonzalez said, ‘I thought your story was very inventive and something that could attract those with horror passions. I think your storyline could be just a bit more unique. You also have to think that there are other films out there which could have a similar storyline’.
Mr Morris said ‘“I think your idea is reasonably good. However, you didn’t offer a lot of detail about the characters. But I like the idea of being out in the woods, getting lost and the idea of people going missing one by one building the tension. A couple of issues; one which Miguel had already guessed and that is one of location. I’m a bit nervous about you actually finding an abandoned house to film in. You are also going to be out in the woods, so be very careful not to just run around with a camera screaming. We have had a lot of cases of people doing just that and it does not look very original. We are a few weeks away from all the leaves falling off the trees, so that might be a problem with continuity. You will either need to film before or after the leaves fall of the trees”.
Maria’s comment made us change the plot slightly different from what we originally planned to do so it becomes more unique and doesn’t look similar to other horror films out there. The feedback we received from our teacher Mr Morris made us think about how much time we had to film and how could’ve we kept the same weather and conditions for the film trailer as the leaves were starting to fall. He made is think about the location as well, luckily we all knew this abandoned place in Pembury and it wasn’t too far away from where we lived so it wasn’t that difficult to get an appropriate location for our trailer. We tried to film the whole trailer in two days to get the same type of weather and conditions, which was cloudy and gloomy which helped us build the horror genre within the trailer.
Before we finished our trailer we did a second screening to the class and people gave us more feedback to make some last minute improvements. This made us think in what we could’ve improved like adding some voice overs and make the last scene of the hands slower for the tension. SECOND SCREENING AND FEEDBACK FROM CLASSMATES.
For my magazine front cover and film poster I asked some of my friends to give me some honest feedback in how I could improve and what do they like about it. I posted my film magazine and poster on my Facebook for a few days and asked if they could comment on it telling me what they think about it and if they think I could improve on it at all. The comments helped me a lot as it gave me new ideas in how I could’ve laid out my texts and what font sizes I could use, etc.
Audience feedback helped me improve my film trailer and my media products, is what the decoder wants to see so you must get some ideas from them and take them into account.

No comments:

Post a Comment